The fall season has arrived and you are getting your backyard ready for the New Year. The bushes were trimmed, the grass was cut, new flowers were planted and the fallen leaves on the lawn were raked. Right when you think you are ready to place your working hat down to relax, the one part of your property that might get left behind is Tampa lift stations to keep the system maintained.
You are in for a surprise! Taking care of a septic system is an easy task that your entire family can follow. Follow these steps to a happy and healthy septic system. Book your next appointment with R and R Lift Station Services by calling 813-986-1007!
- Get to Know Your Septic Tank
What accumulates in a septic tank? Let’s see. Scum and solid wastes tend to make its way to the top of the tank. Although the job of the septic tank is to break down solids, it needs to be pumped out on a regular basis by a Tampa lift stations company.
- Save the Water
- The septic tank is designed to handle a certain amount of water. Speak with your spouse and/or your family about paying attention to faucets that are leaking and toilets that continue to run after flushing.
- A high efficiency or low flow toilet installed can help with water pressure
- It happens to the best of us. Check the maximum limit of clothes to place in your washing machine. A small load of clothing on the large load will essentially waste water.
- Wash one load at a time on different days instead of doing multiple loads of laundry
Easy to Follow Instructions
Large objects that include a ground pool, asphalt, a shed, automobile, RV or cement must be far away from the Septic tank. The pipes and tank are sensitive and can get damaged if tampered with.
- Do your best to avoid pouring the following items down the sink or the toilet:
- Dental floss
- Feminine hygiene products
- Cigarette butts
- Cat litter
- Cotton swabs
- Coffee grounds
- Paper towels
- Household chemicals
- Grease (no bacon fat, no oils, etc.)
The Importance of Pumping the Tampa Septic Tank
The cost of Tampa lift stations varies depending on your area. Customers often ask us how often they must maintain the system. It will also depend on the size of the system and the number of people that live in your home.
If you use the garbage disposal quite often, it needs to be pump out by one of our specialists. If there are 4 or more people living in your home and the tank is 1,000 gallons (3,785.4) litres, complete a pump out every two to three years.
Remember to call R and R Lift Station Services as your maintenance provider for your septic tank, control panel and lift stations.